Sunday, August 24, 2008

Shock of my life !


Today I got the shock of my life,yes quite literally I did.

It all started when my mom requested me (rather sternly) to check the electrical connections in her 'puja room'.the lights in one of the mandir's was not workin and it had to be repaired today coz of Janmashthami.

I decided to check the connectors first ..one of the wires in the plug seemed to have burned out so I fixed it but the lights still didnt work so I had to check it from inside the Mandir.

Now that Mandir , although it s biggest of the three , is really dark inside and
uncomfortable to work with . As I unscrewed the holder out of place I saw that one of the wires had burned out there too .. now it was really uncomfortable to cut the wire in there with no extra length and no lights and holding the thing in a way that hurt me,without a wire cutter .. after shortening the wire with my attempts I was finally able to get some copper off of it after which came the most difficult part of actually screwing in two wires into a holder at most uncomfortable position in darkness ..

when everything was about to be done , my mom came to check and help with the progress.I told her that I should have been given a wire cutter .. and then she started telling me how useless I have become and I should take care of everything myself .. and then it happened ..

As my mom kept rambling things I decided to plug it in and show her that it works now .. but because of my mom's lovely speech I couldn't really focus on what i was doing and I did sth I would have never done in my right mind .. I took the naked wires and plugged them in while the power point was live .. I was not wearing slippers as I was in the prayer room and the floor was cold .. I got the most powerful electric shock in my life .. I was one with the wall and the floor .. it was a feeling undescribable by any words and not even recollectable .. I just felt everything inside me come to a standstill and the only two places i could feel in my body were my fingertips touching that wire and my feet at the cold floor .. and they felt almost like being a part of the wall and the floor itself .. everything else was numbed out ..

I dont know how it stopped but after a moment my numbness decreased and I heard my mom again .. she asked me what have I done .. and then told me that I am really amazing and other boys of my age can do this electrical-fixy-things very well . She had put her hand on her forehead "Your hands have become incapable of doing anything other that controlling that mouse" she said.

I walked out of the 'Puja room'..it was all too much for me..I'm just glad my hair is fine..

6 comments:

Ankur said...

How nice it would be if everything is being controlled by mouse but if i don't get the mouse .......
This is what happens!!!!

Anonymous said...

:D i enjoyed how ur mom scolded u.........i wish i was there to scold u from my side :D ..........anyways nice start of a blog with a shock :)

Vaibhav Jain said...

tumhe zinda dekh ke hum prasann hue :)

Abhishek Rao said...

shocking blog!! ;)

it's gud that u r safe.
Mouse k saath saath aur bhi cheezein pakadna seekho :D

App Development Mumbai said...

That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

Social Media Management Delhi said...

A single point I just would like to say is the fact your Blog is so valuable for us.